Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Unreleased Johnny Cash album from the '80's being released March 25, 2014



Out Among The Stars is a collection of unreleased tracks Johnny recorded with Billy Sherrill from sessions in 1981 and 1984.  Waylon Jennings and June Carter Cash appear on this project as well.  Johnny's son John Carter Cash discovered the recordings in 2012 and with the help of Marty Stuart, Buddy Miller, Jerry Douglas and others helped finish off the recordings.  Here's the track listing for this upcoming release:

1. Out Among The Stars
2. Baby Ride Easy (Feat. June Carter Cash)
3. She Used To Love Me A Lot
4. After All
5. I’m Movin’ On (Feat. Waylon Jennings)
6. If I Told You Who It Was
7. Call Your Mother (written by Johnny Cash)
8. I Drove Her Out Of My Mind
9. Tennessee
10. Rock and Roll Shoes
11. Don’t You Think It’s Come Our Time (Feat. June Carter Cash)
12. I Came To Believe (written by Johnny Cash)