Monday, February 1, 2016

Alex Orbison interview! Rockabilly N Blues Radio Hour 02-01-16


Alex Orbison is our guest this hour as we talk about a couple of recent releases from his dad Roy Orbison.  We go in depth about the 13 CD The MGM Years box set and the previously unreleased One Of The Lonely Ones.  We start the show off playing tunes from Buddy Holly, Big Bopper, Ritchie Valens and Dion.  They were the 4 headliners from 1959's Winter Dance Party.  The plane crash killing Buddy, Bopper and Ritchie happened 57 years ago on February 3, 1959.  Be sure to also check out the bonus interview footage with Alex Orbison to hear more great stories and tunes!

Hear broadcast episode here:

Hear bonus show here (with the songs "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry", "Give Up", "I Will Always", "I've Been Loving You Too Long"):

Intro Voice Over- Rob "Cool Daddy" Dempsey

Buddy Holly- "Rock Around With Ollie Vee"
Big Bopper- "Pink Petticoats"
Dion & The Belmonts- "I Can't Go On Rosalie"
Ritchie Valens- "Bonie Maronie"

Alex Orbison interview
Roy Orbison- "Claudette"
Segment 1
Roy Orbison- "I'm In A Blue, Blue Mood"
Segment 2
Roy Orbison- "Yes I'm Hurting"
Segment 3
Roy Orbison- "Ride Away"
Segment 4
Roy Orbison- "Go, Go, Go (Down The Line)"
Segment 5
Roy Orbison- "Pantomime"
Segment 6
Roy Orbison- "You'll Never Walk Alone"
Segment 7
Roy Orbison- "Kawliga"