Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Willie Dixon died this day in 1992


Willie Dixon died this day in 1992 at the age of 76.  One of his solo projects was titled I Am The Blues and it's hard to argue.  He was proficient at both upright bass and guitar as well as his own vocals.  His compositions have become blues standards and recorded by the likes of Howlin' Wolf, Little Walter, Elvis Presley, Dion, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, The Yardbirds and others.  Some of his many songs include "Little Red Rooster", "I Ain't Superstitious", "My Babe", "Evil", "Hoochie Coochie Man", "I Just Want To Make Love To You" and many more.

"Back Door Man"- Willie Dixon

"Little Red Rooster"- The Rolling Stones

"I Can't Quit You Babe"- Led Zeppelin

"I Ain't Superstitious"- Howlin' Wolf

"Hoochie Coochie Man"- Muddy Waters

"My Babe"- Little Walter